Mastercollegeserie: Linear and planar motors for high-precision systems
- Theory of electromagnetism
- Voice coil‐actuators
- Linear coreless motors
- Iron‐core linear motors
- Linear induction motors
- Commutation and feedback linearization
- Power amplifiers
- Planar motors
After the course the participants:
- Understand the models, properties, and limitations of voice‐coil actuators, linear coreless motors, linear iron‐core motors, linear induction motors and planar motors.
- Can analyze linear motors in the full mechatronic context including power amplifiers, controllers and mechanics (including thermal) aspects.
- Can obtain the properties of a permanent magnet linear motor system from experiments.
- Can select and model an electrical linear motor for different mechatronic (high‐precision) systems
- Can analyze and comment on a scientific papers on linear motors.
Engineers (TU/HTO level) electrotechnics or physics, who are or will be involved in (some aspects of) the design and engineering of Linear Motors.
This master lecture series is open to PAO Techniek students. Regular (foreign) students of the TU Eindhoven will attend the lecture series too. The lectures will be performed in English.