Terms and Conditions
Here you find the general terms and conditions of the Foundation Post-Academic Education Technology and Management, also called PAO Techniek en Management (Chamber of Commerce/ KvK no. 27175987), hereinafter referred to as PAOTM. The general terms and conditions apply to all activities that PAOTM offers – whether or not in collaboration with partners. By activities we mean all courses, training, master classes and other types of education.
- Registration is possible by registering via the PAOTM website.
- After receiving your registration you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
- Bij annulering binnen veertien dagen na aanmelding zijn geen administratiekosten verschuldigd (bedenktijdregeling). De bedenktijdregeling is niet van toepassing als de periode tussen je aanmelding en de start van de activiteit twee weken of minder bedraagt.
- The number of registrations per activity is limited to a minimum and maximum number of participants.
- We process all registrations in order of receipt.
- PAOTM reserves the right to cancel or move activities if there is insufficient interest.
- PAOTM reserves the right to change the program.
- The General Terms and Conditions apply to every registration with PAOTM, even in the absence of explicit consent.
- Anyone who participates in an activity is obliged to carry the written confirmation as stated in Article 1.2 in combination with a valid ID during the meetings of the activity and to show it at the request of the teacher or another PAOTM official.
- Inschrijven voor de interesselijst is geheel vrijblijvend.
- The stated prices include coffee, tea, lunches and (digital) syllabi of the lectures, unless stated otherwise.
- The price of required literature is included in the price of the activity, unless stated otherwise. You can purchase optional literature yourself.
- The invoice must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date and before the start of the activity if it takes place or starts within 30 days. In case of payment from abroad, payment must be received before the start of the course to ensure participation. Please note: This may take longer than domestic payments. Payment is only possible by bank, in incidental cases for participants outside Europe by PayPal, the costs are for the participant.
- Unless stated otherwise, 21% VAT is due on all activities and services.
- PAOTM sends invoices with VAT specification.
- In the event of cancellation of an activity at the initiative of PAOTM, any invoices already sent will be credited and the relevant amount refunded, unless settlement can be done in another way.
- When rescheduling a course, where the new date is in a different year, the indexed course price of the year in question applies.
- Prijzen zijn onder voorbehoud van wijzigingen, waaronder jaarlijkse indexering.
- Participation in an activity is personal. If you are unable to attend, you can be replaced by a colleague free of charge, if PAOTM has been notified in advance by e-mail. The replacement is only final after PAOTM has confirmed this to you in writing.
- Cancellation of participation must be done by e-mail.
- If an activity is canceled within fourteen days of registration, no administration costs are due (cooling-off period arrangement). The cooling-off period arrangement does not apply if the period between registration and the start of the activity is two weeks or less.
- In case of cancellation up to two weeks before the start of a course we charge €60 (excl. VAT) administration costs. If you cancel within two weeks before the start of a course, 75% of the tuition fee is due. In case of cancellation on the course day itself, or if you do not show up for the course, 100% of the tuition fee is due.
- In case of cancellation up to four weeks before the start of a long-term training we charge €60 (excl. VAT) administration costs. If you cancel within four weeks before the start of the training, 75% of the training costs are due. If you cancel within two weeks before the start of the training, 100% of the training costs are due.
- In case of cancellation within two weeks before the start of a free course, we are forced to charge the arrangement costs.
4. Rescheduling registration or activity
- You can only reschedule your registration if the details of the next activity are known.
- You must report the rescheduling of your registration to PAOTM by e-mail.
- The rescheduling of your registration is only final after PAOTM has confirmed this to you by e-mail.
- We request that you only reschedule for urgent reasons. The following conditions apply:
- You can reschedule your registration to a subsequent performance of the same activity up to two weeks before the start of the activity. We charge €60 administration costs for this.
- If you want to reschedule your registration within two weeks before the start of the activity, we will charge 25% of the tuition fee.
- If PAOTM reschedules a course to a new date, registered participants will automatically be transferred to the new date. Each participant will receive confirmation of this. If this date is not suitable, the participant can cancel participation free of charge within 4 weeks of receiving this confirmation.
After completing a course or training, the participant will receive a one-time digital certificate of participation. This is done on a personal basis. Requests for a copy will only be processed upon request by the participant.
PAOTM employees, course leaders and teachers are obliged to maintain confidentiality of all confidential information that they have obtained from each other, from participants or from another source in the context of organizing activities. Information is considered confidential if this has been communicated by the other party or if this arises from the nature of the information.
- Complaints about the activity or complaints about its organization must be reported to PAOTM by e-mail by the participant or client no later than 15 working days after completion of the activity in question.
- After submitting a complaint, an acknowledgment of receipt will be sent within five working days. The complaint must be handled within 20 working days from the time of submission. This period can only be deviated from if the collection of information is delayed due to the unavailability of the parties involved and/or the PAOTM employee involved.
- PAOTM will consult with the complainant and, if relevant, with the course leader, teachers or PAOTM employees.
- In the event of a well-founded complaint, PAOTM will make a settlement offer to the complainant. If a complaint is not considered well-founded by PAOTM, this will be communicated to the complainant.
- Possibility of appeal. If the person submitting the complaint does not agree with the handling of the complaint, he or she can contact the chairman of the PAOTM board. This person will reconsider the complaint and will try to find a solution. If this does not lead to a solution, it is possible to request mediation from the director of the Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI) in The Hague. KIVI's ruling is binding for both PAOTM and the complaining party.
When you register, request information or participate in promotions, your details will be included in our address file. By registering for an activity you give permission to include your name and employer in our list of participants. This information is only provided to the participants and teachers of the activity in which you participate. Your data will be treated confidentially in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act. PAOTM also complies with the data leak reporting obligation. Detailed information can be found on the page Privacy.
Naturally, we take great care to keep all information as good and up-to-date as possible. However, possible printing errors or mistakes cannot always be prevented. PAOTM is not liable for and not bound by apparent errors and mistakes. We reserve the right to change the content. We are not responsible for information prepared or issued under the responsibility of third parties.
10. Diclaimer study points
If there is a difference between the study point stated on the PAOTM website and the website of the point provider, the reference to the provider always applies.