The objective of this course is the understanding of the basic principles of electricification of powertrains and key components. Obtain a good overview of the operation principle, characteristics and backgrounds of the most important facets.
- Roles and applications of electric drives and DC motor drives.
- Feedback controller design for dc drives.
- AC motor drives: rotating fields in ac machines by means of space vectors.
- Sinusoidal waveform permanent magnet and induction ac motor drives.
- Switched reluctance drives
The objective is the understanding of the basic principles of electric drives.
- Understand how electric drives operate and can do these by means of hand calculations.
- Understand how to calculate electrical voltages, currents and mechanical forces, torques and (angle) displacement.
- Good overview of the operation principle, characteristics and application of the four most important rotating electrical machines: direct current, induction, synchronous and switched reluctance machines.
This master lecture series is open to participants PAO Techniek en Management. Regular students of the TU will attend the lecture series too. The lectures will be taught in English.