This course focuses on the modelling and control of DC micro-grids. Design and layout of AC and DC micro-grids will be defined including sizing of different components. Several alternatives for the provision of ancillary services by means of DC microgrids will be presented. Furthermore, attention will be given to the design of energy management systems for DC microgrids including concepts as Demand Side Management.
• Challenges introduced by Distributed Generation
• Micro –grids layout and sizing
• Operation and Control of Power Electronic Converters in DC Microgrids
• Droop Control in AC and DC microgrids
• Energy Management Systems for DC microgrids
• Demand-side management in DC microgrids
Engineers (TU/HTO) in electrical engineering or physics who are interested in direct current microgrids.
This master lecture series is open to participants PAO Techniek en Management. Regular students of the TU will attend the lecture series too. The lectures will be held in English.
|The program will be taught in English.|