Production machinery continually require improvements on higher quality, efficiency, carbon foot print and energy use. Process control is an essential ingredient to achieve this. The right choice in control systems is of course of the utmost importance. This course gives the know-how to get the best of process control system.
This is a module from the Process Control series. You can follow the entire series, but also opt for one or more separate modules.
In this second module you will get an overview of the standard basic control designs with a clear explanation on how to optimize the parameters of these designs. You will exercise with the different designs in a test set-up.
- You will learn based on the general theory, with case-studies and exercises, how to choose and implement process control systems.
- You will be introduced into an extensive survey of all possible control systems.
Who can participate?
- Engineers who want to improve and extend their knowledge on Process Control Systems, and who wish to learn and understand more on the practical issues in implementing these systems.
- For those who already have an in-depth knowledge and experience on classical control systems, you can participate directly into module 3.
- If you are not yet interested in the more advanced control systems and want to limit yourself to basic classical control systems you can stay with only module 1 and/or module 2.
- At the request of the participants this course can be taught in Dutch or English.