In this course you learn to programm in the language Python for your own situation. Python is a programming language that has become very popular in recent years. Moreover, it is a free and well documented language. Python is therefore used extensively in disciplines outside IT such as technology, marketing and finance.
Python is easy to manage and has automated many tasks, including the frequent running of applications and models and the generation of output. The analysis of large amounts of data also becomes a lot easier with the right programming knowledge. With increased Python skills you can work faster and easier.
During the course the focus is on programming with Python yourself under guidance of our instructors. There will also be short presentations on theory and practice. There are examples of Python Applications for analyzing (GIS) data, managing software, modeling processes and visualizing data.
Getting started with Python
During this course you will learn:
- What Python is and how to install the program properly;
- The basic theory including data types, collections, if statements, for loops, error messages, IDE, packages, Python 2 & 3;
- Conceptual thinking, from practical situation to code;
- The different application possibilities of Python;
- Practically working with Python by writing and executing code yourself; edit and visualize data;
- Writing your own script that is directly applicable in your own work.
Professionals (higher education/hbo or academic) who want to start applying Python in their own technical work situation or who are already applying and discovering Python. Prior knowledge of Python programming is not required for the course.
Please mind that only the course in September 2019 is in English. All other courses are given in the Dutch language.