After completion of this chemistry course, you are be able to:
- List some reasons to choose liquid–liquid extraction over other separation techniques like distillation
- Distinguish between the raffinate and extract layers
- Calculate the amounts and compositions in both phases of a single-stage equilibrium extraction process using the lever-arm rule
- Calculate flooding velocities for packed towers
- Determine the size of multicompartment extraction columns
Interested in related courses? Take a look at our range of courses in Chemical Engineering.