General conditions for PAO Techniek en Management
Set out below are the general conditions of the Post-Academic Education Foundation Technology and Management, also known as PAO Techniek en Management (Chamber of commerce no. 27175987), hereinafter referred to as PAOTM. These conditions apply to all activities and services provided by PAOTM (in collaboration with partners or otherwise).
Definitions and conditions
- Regular course fee: the basic fee for a PAOTM course, exclusive of additional costs for literature, dinner, excursion or overnight stay.
- Regular course: PAOTM courses which are not a programme, course of study, symposium, series of Master's lectures or are not organised in collaboration with other course providers.
- Non-regular PAOTM course: programmes, courses of study, symposia, series of Master's lectures and courses organised in collaboration with other course providers.
- You can register via the PAOTM website.
- After receipt of your registration, you will receive confirmation by email.
- In the event of cancellation within seven days of registering, no administration costs will be charged (reflection period arrangement). The reflection period arrangement will not apply if the time between your registration and the commencement date of the activity is two weeks or less.
- A minimum and a maximum number of registrations applies for each activity.
- All registrations will be processed in order of receipt.
- If an activity is oversubscribed, we will inform you as soon as possible and put your name on a waiting list. On the basis of this waiting list, we will organise a new course if possible.
- PAOTM reserves the right to cancel or reschedule activities in the event of insufficient interest.
- PAOTM reserves the right to change the programme specification.
- Unless otherwise stated, the prices shown include coffee, tea, lunches and (digital) syllabuses of the presentations.
- At the time of publication it is not always known whether additional literature will need to be purchased or extra costs incurred for a particular activity. If such is the case, we will charge you the additional costs or inform you of the option of placing an order.
- The invoice is to be paid within 30 days of the invoice date and before the commencement date of the activity, should it take place or commence within 30 days. In case of payment from abroad, the payment must be received before the start of the course to ensure participation. Please note that foreign payments may take longer than domestic payments.
- Unless otherwise stated all activities and services are subject to 21% VAT.
- All PAOTM invoices state the VAT charged.
- PAOTM offers various discounts.
- In the event of cancellation of an activity by PAOTM, any invoices already sent will be credited and the amount paid refunded, unless another manner of settlement is possible.
- Participation in an activity is personal. If you are unable to participate, you may have a colleague participate in your place free of charge, provided PAOTM is informed in advance by email. The replacement will only be final once confirmed in writing by PAOTM.
- Cancellation of participation must be sent by email.
- In the event of cancellation of a course within seven days of registering, no administration charge will apply (reflection period arrangement). This reflection period arrangement will not apply if the time between your registration and the commencement date of the activity is two weeks or less.
- In the event of cancellation up to two weeks before commencement of a course, an administration charge of €60 will apply.
- In the event of cancellation within two weeks before commencement of a course, 75% of the course fee will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation on the day itself, or non-attendance, 100% of the course fee will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation up to four weeks before commencement of a programme an administration charge of €60 will apply. In the event of cancellation within four weeks before commencement of the programme, 75% of the course fee will be charged. In the event of cancellation within two weeks before commencement of the programme, 100% of the course fee will be charged.
4. Postponing registration or course
- Postponement of your registration is only possible if the dates of the next activity are known.
- Requests for the postponement of your registration should be sent to PAOTM by email.
- It is possible to postpone registrations for activities scheduled to be organised again within a year. We kindly ask you to postpone your registration for urgent reasons only. The following conditions apply in this regard:
- Up to two weeks before the commencement of the activity, you may postpone your registration until a subsequent edition of the same activity. An administration charge of €60 will then apply.
- If you wish to postpone your registration within two weeks before the commencement of the activity, 25% of the course fee will be charged.
- The postponement of your registration will only be final once confirmed by email by PAOTM.
- If PAOTM postpones a course to a new date, participants who already registered are automatically transferred to the new date. Every participant will receive a confirmation of this. If the new data is not suitable, the participant can cancel the registration free of charge within 4 weeks after receipt of this confirmation.
After full completion of a course or programme the participant receives a one-time participation-certificate. This is done on a personal basis. A fee of € 10,- will be charged for requesting a copy certificate. Requests for a copy will only be processed upon request by the participant.
PAOTM employees, course leaders, lecturers and trainers are bound not to disclose any confidential information that they obtain in relation to the organisation of courses and programmes from each other, from course participants or from another source. Information is deemed to be confidential if it is designated as such by the other party or if the confidentiality arises from the nature of the information.
- Any complaints about a course taken or the organisation thereof are to be submitted to PAOTM by email by the course participant or the client within 10 working days of discovery and no later than 15 working days after completion of the activity concerned.
- Confirmation of a complaint will be sent within five working days of the complaint being submitted. The complaint should be dealt with within 20 working days of the time of submission. An exception will only be possible if the gathering of necessary information is delayed due to the unavailability of the parties and/or programme manager concerned.
- PAOTM will consult with the person who submitted the complaint and, if relevant, with the course leader, the lecturers and/or PAOTM staff.
- If a complaint is founded, PAOTM will send the submitter a settlement proposal. If PAOTM considers a complaint to be unfounded, the submitter will be informed.
- Possibility of appeal. If the complaining party does not agree with how their complaint was dealt with, they may appeal to the Chair of the PAOTM Board. The chair will reconsider the complaint and endeavour to reach a solution. Should this also fail to result in a satisfactory solution, the matter may be referred to the Director of the Royal Dutch Society of Engineers (KIVI) for mediation. The decision of KIVI is binding for both PAOTM and the complaining party.
- Should PAOTM be liable, such liability will be limited as follows:
- Liability on the part of PAOTM, if and in so far as covered by its liability insurance, will be limited to the amount paid out by the insurer.
- In the event that the insurer does not pay out or the damages are not covered by the insurance, the liability on the part of PAOTM will be limited to twice the invoice value of the assignment, or at least of that part of the assignment to which the liability relates.
- Contrary to the provisions of the preceding article, if the liability relates to an activity lasting longer than six months, the liability will be further limited to the invoice value owed for the last six months.
- The limited liability provisions included in these Conditions will not apply if the damages are attributable to intent or gross negligence on the part of PAOTM or its staff.
- PAOTM will never be liable for consequential damage or loss.
The details you provide when registering, requesting information or participating in activities will be recorded in our address database. By registering for an activity, you consent to us including your name and employer in the list of participants. These data will only be provided to the other participants and lecturers of the activity in which you will participate. Your date of birth will be used for identification purposes only, so that you do not receive information repeatedly. Your data will be treated confidentially in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act. PAOTM also complies with the Data Leaks (Reporting Obligation) Act.
Obviously, we take great care to keep all information as accurate and up-to-date as possible, for example on the website. However, any typing and printing errors or mistakes cannot always be prevented. PAOTM is not liable for and not bound by apparent errors and mistakes. We reserve the right to change the content. We are not responsible for information (including websites) prepared or published under the responsibility of third parties.
Specifically with regard to credits: if there is a difference between the credits stated on the PAOTM website and the website of the credit provider, the statement with the credit provider will always apply.